Karelia University of Applied Sciences invites applications for the following position
SENIOR PROJECT RESEARCHER
in Applied Research to work as the key researcher in the Horizon2020 INVEST4EXCELLENCE project and to develop, coordinate and facilitate strategic RDI activities in the topic of Carbon Neutrality at Karelia University of Applied Sciences.
The full-time, fixed-term position is available for the period of 1.3.2022-31.12.2024. The grounds and basis for a fixed-term contract is project work. The place of work is at Karelia University of Applied Sciences in Joensuu, Finland.
Carbon Neutrality is one of the strategic choices of Karelia 2030 strategy. The strategy aims at implementing the carbon neutrality objectives of the City of Joensuu and the region of North Karelia, finding solutions to mitigate the climate change and developing the transition from non-renewable to renewable products and services.
To implement the strategic objectives, the Senior Project Researcher in Applied Research works in close collaboration with teachers and specialists from the degree programmes in Energy and Environmental Engineering and Forestry, as well as in national and international RDI operations and networks in the field.
The RDI in Carbon Neutrality includes, for example, following thematic areas:
– sustainable energy solutions and technology
– renewable materials and products
– sustainable education and regional development
– mitigation of climate change
– life cycle management
– value chains and digital solutions in bioeconomy
– holistic approach to the promotion of sustainable development
The key responsibilities of the Senior Project Researcher in Applied Research relate to the implementation of the Horizon2020 INVEST4EXCELLENCE project. The tasks also include application for research funding for other RDI projects in compliance with Karelia strategy.
The tasks of the Senior Project Researcher in Applied Research contain:
– Coordination of the RDI strategy and action plan in INVEST4EXCELLENCE project
– Active co-operation with partners and stakeholders at regional, national and international levels
– Contribution to RDI processes (idea generation, application for funding, and implementation and evaluation of the funded projects) in one or more of the thematic areas identified above
– Active grant writing to acquire international RDI funding in one or more of the thematic areas identified above
– Other expert and educational tasks defined by the employer
– doctoral degree in the relevant field of education
– relevant work experience
– competence and experience in writing and implementing international RDI projects
– references from successful cooperation with international and national RDI operators, funding agencies and institutions
– excellent academic communication, team-working and co-creation skills
– experience in university-industry liaisons and collaboration and ability to apply RDI results into practice together with stakeholders
– self-management and digital communication skills
– advanced B2-level skills in the Finnish language
We appreciate, if the candidate also has:
– teaching experience and pedagogical competence
– other language skills
The employment conditions comply with the collective labour agreement of Sivista.
The applications including a CV and references should be posted to Kuntarekry by 3 pm on 31st January.
More information about the position and tasks of the Principal Lecturer in Applied Research can be obtained from:
Ms. Sanna Kasurinen, Head of Education, tel. +358 (0)50 413 2979, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Ms. Liisa Timonen, Head of International Affairs, tel. +358 (0)50 591 3397, email@example.com,
Ms. Anne Ilvonen, Research and Development Director, tel. +358 (0)50 311 6314, firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the employment conditions is available from:
Ms. Jaana Tolkki, Head of Human Resources, tel. +358 (0)50 408 7932, email@example.com.