Local customers (private persons)
If the book or journal article you are looking for is not part of our library collections or other libraries in Joensuu/North Karelia area (Vaara libraries, UEF Library), you can make an interlibrary loan or photocopy request by email or at library’s service desk (see the service hours).
In the request, give us the most accurate information about the book or article you can, such as
- publication year
- is it a book or an article etc.
Interlending and document supply services are liable to charge:
- The fee is determined by the delivering library (0 – 20 €) (+ 8 € commission from external customers).
Please notice: We only make interlibrary requests from the Finnish libraries. We do not make requests to the libraries abroad.
Libraries can send interlibrary loan or photocopy orders via this electronic form (in Finnish).
- We do not send course books, reference books or whole journals as interlibrary loans.
- E-books are not part in the interlibrary services.
- Check the location and availability from Karelia-Finna.
Interlibrary loans and document supply services are liable to charge:
- printed book 10 €
- photocopies (paper) 0,50 €/page + service charge 8 €
- photocopies (pdf) 6 €/file
- to Finnish UAS libraries the interlibrary service free of charge
We invoice the interlibrary loan charges twice a year.
As a library, you can renew your interlibrary loans via Karelia-Finna (login by email). By renewing the interlibrary loans, you can keep loans 180 days (maximum period).
If you have something to ask, please send email to library(a)karelia.fi.
We do not send interlibrary loans abroad.