Karelia UAS library guides you to library use and helps you to start information retrievals. We encourage you to independent use of library collections and services.
Ask guidance from library’s customer service:
- chat in Karelia-Finna
- email: library(at)karelia.fi
- WhatsApp/tel: +358 50 311 9545 (within customer service hours)
- library’s service desk at library (within its opening hours)
Library offers focused training for using information sources.
- New students are welcome to participate library infos and online course (more information below).
- The students writing their thesis are welcome to participate Thesis workshops and ask personal information search guidance (more information below).
- The staff of Karelia UAS can ask training (for themselves or a student group) by email: library(at)karelia.fi
Self-study materials for library skills’ basics and information searching for Thesis
The Basics of Library Skills self-study material in Moodle
This self-study material helps you become familiar with the collections and services of Karelia UAS Library. You also get to know basic information search techniques. You do not earn ECT credits from it.
- Enter to the Basics of Library Skills self-study material.
Information Searching for Thesis self-study material in Moodle
This self-study material guides you with information search process when you are starting or doing your Thesis. You get to know information search techniques, learn about databases available to you, learn about evaluation and ethics with relation to Thesis process etc. You do not earn ECT credits from it.
- Enter to the Information Searching for Thesis self-study material.
Thesis Workshops for Business & IB students
If you need help with your thesis process (to find the topic, information sources, writing etc.), you are welcome to the thesis workshops. You will get guidance from thesis instructors, library, language teachers etc. Welcome!
In spring 2022 workshops are not held, instead you can book a personal guidance time to get information search guidance.
- Book the guidance time by using this link.
- You need to be a Karelia UAS student to book the guidance time.
Ms. Leena Väyrynen and Mr. Pekka Malvela are the Information Specialists for IB’s and IM’s information search guidance.
Information search guidance in English
You can book a personal guidance time for information search guidance for Thesis. Book the time by using this link.
You need to be a Karelia UAS student to book the guidance time.
- Ms. Leena Väyrynen and Mr. Pekka Malvela are the Information Specialists for IB’s and IM’s information search guidance.
The information search guidance in meant for Karelia UAS students in their Thesis process. If possible, participate to the guidance when you are starting your Thesis.
We guide you for example with: the search terms; database and search engine use; finding eBooks and other literacy from Karelia-Finna etc.
If you have already started your Thesis, we can give you hints if you have problems in finding relevant references for your Thesis.
Please notice: If you prefer to participate in the information search workshops held in Finnish or have guidance in Finnish: Check the dates and times of user education in Finnish